Does it exist?if it exists,is it separate from the physical body?Does is live on after dead?

Views: 91

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi David :) These are really good questions...maybe the short answer is that a soul is made when the spirit is present in the flesh body, and the spirit is what continues after the flesh has died, then at the resurrection the body is raised, incorruptible, for eternal life. 

“So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.” 1 Cor. 15:42-45

"We are confident, [I say], and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." - Cr 5:8

“What is a soul? Does it exist?” This is a good question because it makes us consider the concrete (noun) and the abstract (adjective)... A concrete soul being the result of YHWH breathing “the breath of life” into the flesh housings of His creations which have blood. The result of this constitutes “a living soul”.

“And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.” Gen. 2:7  “For the life of the flesh is in the blood:” Lev. 17:11

Interesting thing about “a living soul”… a being with a body and a conscious mind, but without “the breath of life” from our Creator, would not result in “a living soul”. These beings would technically be “soulless” unless YHWH chose to breathe his spirit of life into them...

I find this interesting in light of chimeras and devas and other lab-created beings who were not created by our Creator and perhaps do not have his “breath of life” because He did not sanction their creation... so, they would be abominations.. oh yeah, and “zombies” for example lol and Frankenstein's monster, etc.... But seriously, these things, without His breath of life, cannot constitute “living” souls, despite the fact that they are bodies with spirits, because the spirit animating them is not the Creator's breath of life... i'm not saying He can't make these other creatures living souls.. just that chances are, soulless creatures, in terms of "the walking dead" - living creatures, whose lives were not brought about by YHWH, are possible.

Many famous people have admitted selling their souls to the devil in exchange for their fame… I think this quite literally means they sold the lives here on earth to him, since our allegiance in this physical life determines our allegiance in the eternal life.

Then there’s the abstract “soul”... which exists only as the description of the traits of the concrete, “living soul”... like “soul music” or “soul food” as an adjective to describe nouns which demonstrate expressiveness or passion, or in other words, life.  “If it exists, is it separate from the physical body?” Since a living soul is the result of the breath of life in the flesh body, rather than a separate thing on its own, such as a spirit, it can't really exist 'out there on its own'.. but the person's spirit can.

Prodigal Son commented a while back that, “The words which are translated as soul are always used to apply to creatures who have a flesh body animated by a spirit. The spirit + body = soul. In this way, it is surely a necessary truth that the soul can not last eternally. http://timenolonger.ning.com/forum/topics/hell-eternal-torture-or?c...

Cyprium commented a while back that, “Eternal life means having that soul made incorruptible in resurrection through the redemption of Yahushua's blood.” http://timenolonger.ning.com/profiles/blog/show?id=5124148%3ABlogPo...

Evil spirits roam this physical dimension in search of human souls to destroy... lives to destroy.. "But those that seek my soul, to destroy it, shall go into the lower parts of the earth" Psa. 63:9 "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." Mat. 10:28  This is that second death.. after the resurrection, where judgement is passed and some are resurrected to eternal life and others to eternal death.

"The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation." John 5:25-29

So there is a lot of hope for all those who have died, who are no longer living souls, but whose spirits have departed to the Father, and who will be resurrected incorruptible through Messiah, in whom their souls trusted in their earthly lives, just as Messiah himself died and resurrected, in His glorified, incorruptible body.

God created great whales and every living creature that moveth,which the waters brought forth abundantly,after their kind ,and every winged fowl after his kind and God saw that it was good{Genesis 1:21,king King James version}.

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.  

Ecc 12:7

I have been reading here of late and this question was one that I too asked when I first began to be interested in the Word about 17 years ago. I asked many people who were teachers, but never got an answer that satisfied me.  What made us different from the animals?  Spirits and souls.  The verse Bean gives us is a good one.  The word used for God in the verse is this word:

'ĕlôhı̂ym
el-o-heem'
Plural of H433; gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God; occasionally applied by way of deference to magistrates; and sometimes as a superlative: - angels, X exceeding, God (gods) (-dess, -ly), X (very) great, judges, X mighty.

so which father are we returning to??  Father or father??

For me the understanding of the soul came about by my joining this site and the interactions, studies and revelations that came to me during my time and activity here. For which I am eternally grateful.   I was seeking understanding of the spiritual realms, and specifically their influences in my own life.  That led me to study the book of Enoch and for the first time, things gelled in my mind about spirits and souls and why we exist as we are on the earth today.  Our condition as it were.

From the Book of Enoch you find these words

1 And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto 2 them beautiful and comely daughters. And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men 3 and beget us children.' And Semjaza, who was their leader, said unto them: 'I fear ye will not 4 indeed agree to do this deed, and I alone shall have to pay the penalty of a great sin.' And they all answered him and said: 'Let us all swear an oath, and all bind ourselves by mutual imprecations 5 not to abandon this plan but to do this thing.' Then sware they all together and bound themselves 6 by mutual imprecations upon it. And they were in all two hundred; who descended in the days of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn 7 and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it. And these are the names of their leaders: Samlazaz, their leader, Araklba, Rameel, Kokablel, Tamlel, Ramlel, Danel, Ezeqeel, Baraqijal, 8 Asael, Armaros, Batarel, Ananel, Zaqiel, Samsapeel, Satarel, Turel, Jomjael, Sariel. These are their chiefs of tens.

What I have come to believe is that eternal beings, the Watchers, mated with finite beings, the daughters of men and created something that had not been before, a man with an eternal life inside them that continued after the death of the body, in other words, the soul.

I also believe that the man that Father created in Chap. 2 was not the same kind of man Father created in Chap, 1:

Gen 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

So two kinds of souls existed after that time, living souls, and dead or headed for death, souls.  

Later in the book of Enoch we see that Father created spiritual holding places for these souls to go after the death of the body and in fact include the number of years they could live in the flesh.  

1 Then said the Most High, the Holy and Great One spake, and sent Uriel to the son of Lamech, 2 and said to him: 'Go to Noah and tell him in my name "Hide thyself!" and reveal to him the end that is approaching: that the whole earth will be destroyed, and a deluge is about to come 3 upon the whole earth, and will destroy all that is on it. And now instruct him that he may escape 4 and his seed may be preserved for all the generations of the world.' And again the Lord said to Raphael: 'Bind Azazel hand and foot, and cast him into the darkness: and make an opening 5 in the desert, which is in Dudael, and cast him therein. And place upon him rough and jagged rocks, and cover him with darkness, and let him abide there for ever, and cover his face that he may 6,7 not see light. And on the day of the great judgement he shall be cast into the fire. And heal the earth which the angels have corrupted, and proclaim the healing of the earth, that they may heal the plague, and that all the children of men may not perish through all the secret things that the 8 Watchers have disclosed and have taught their sons. And the whole earth has been corrupted 9 through the works that were taught by Azazel: to him ascribe all sin.' And to Gabriel said the Lord: 'Proceed against the bastards and the reprobates, and against the children of fornication: and destroy [the children of fornication and] the children of the Watchers from amongst men [and cause them to go forth]: send them one against the other that they may destroy each other in 10 battle: for length of days shall they not have. And no request that they (i.e. their fathers) make of thee shall be granted unto their fathers on their behalf; for they hope to live an eternal life, and 11 that each one of them will live five hundred years.' And the Lord said unto Michael: 'Go, bind Semjaza and his associates who have united themselves with women so as to have defiled themselves 12 with them in all their uncleanness. And when their sons have slain one another, and they have seen the destruction of their beloved ones, bind them fast for seventy generations in the valleys of the earth, till the day of their judgement and of their consummation, till the judgement that is 13 for ever and ever is consummated. In those days they shall be led off to the abyss of fire: and 14 to the torment and the prison in which they shall be confined for ever. And whosoever shall be condemned and destroyed will from thenceforth be bound together with them to the end of all 15 generations. And destroy all the spirits of the reprobate and the children of the Watchers, because 16 they have wronged mankind. Destroy all wrong from the face of the earth and let every evil work come to an end: and let the plant of righteousness and truth appear: and it shall prove a blessing; the works of righteousness and truth' shall be planted in truth and joy for evermore.

I do see things differently from the leaders on the site, they may have other understanding and I do not discount theirs as false.  This is just how I have come to see the issue of the soul and our status  as eternal beings.  We can have a soul that is headed for death or a soul that has eternal life while both still are souls that exist.  Without the covering of Yahushua we are souls that are headed for death at the end of this time set for us , this time of the curse to work its way through the tenants set forth by Yahuah at the time of the flood.  In my understanding it was all because of the fallen ones taking the women and making these eternal souls and creating a problem that needed to be rectified by Father Yah.

I pray this helps you grasp even more understanding David and that Father blesses you with answers to all your questions.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Cyprium.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service