In an article i once posted for another website (TodayPerhaps), i discussed how that, in spite of a very prevalent belief that Lucifer and Satan were one being...this view does not precisely hold to what scripture says.

I will not be re-iterating all the points which support Lucifer being a different being than Satan here, though i hope to at a later point for those who never read the first article. Suffice it to say, the evidence overwhelmingly points to Lucifer being synonymous with the leader of the rebel Watchers.

What i have presented here is a version of Isaiah 14, the chapter which deals with Lucifer, rendered in the most literal way from the original words in the text. What you will find is largely a chapter which seems completely unfamiliar in comparison to the KJV version we all know so well. The KJV presents this chapter in such a way that the correlation to who it is remains ambiguous...the reasons for which this being is punished can only be vaguely understood as related to pride...but this more literal version tells a much more cohesive story.

I encourage use of an original language concordance to check these results, however some results are not taken from the direct word which it is referenced to in a Strong's search, but from words with identical spellings which correlate to the context of the text more efficiently or from the root which the given word derives from.

Time being an issue, i have not put footnotes to this to explain the results in detail...that too, i hope to get to i the future, but for now, you will perhaps find this an interesting read nonetheless which you can then consider in conjunction with other pieces of the grand puzzle.

Isaiah: Chapter 14
(beginning with verse 4)

You shall take up this proverb against the king of confusion, and say, how has the taskmaster been removed! The extortionist has been removed!

YHWH has broken the tribe of the wicked and the rod of the rulers.

He who struck the people excessively, not withdrawing the blow, he that ruled the nations in anger is persecuted and no one hinders it.

The whole Earth is at rest and is quiet: they break forth in praise.

The cypresses rejoiced because of you, and the cedars of Lebanon. since you have lain in sexual union, a feller was raised.

The pit is disquieted to meet you at your coming: it awakens the rapha for you, all the prepared ones of the Earth; it has raised up from their concealment all the kings of the nations.

They speak and say to you, "have you become weakened as we have, have you become like us?"

Your arrogance has descended to the pit, and the noise of your foolishness: the worms are your bed and the worms are your covering.

How you have fallen from the heavens, one who is boastful in his glory, son of the wailing gloom. How you are cut down to the Earth, you who weakened the nations.

You have said in your heart, "I will ascend into the heavens, I will raise my authority higher than the stars of El. I will also abide upon the appointed mountain, in the hidden recesses.

I will ascend above the high places of thick darkness, I will be like the Most High."

But you will descend to the pit, the recesses of the prison.

They that see you will look sharply on you, considering you. This is he that made the Earth tremble and the kingdoms shake,

Who made the world a desert, and pulled down the watchers; who did not let loose the prisoners of his house.

All the kings of the nations, all of them lie down in luxury, each having his own house.

But you are cast out of your sepulcher like an abominable branch, as the garment of those who are stuck and thrust through with the sword that go down to the stones of the prison; as a carcass trampled, you will not be with them in the sepulcher because you have ruined the Earth and slain the flock. The progeny of evil ones will not be called upon forever.

Prepare slaughter for his sons, for the perversity of their father; that they fail to rise and take over the Earth, and do not fill the face of the world with Watchers.

I will rise against them, says YHWH of hosts and destroy confusion, the Shem, and the remnant, and the progeny and the offspring. says YHWH.

I will make a possession of the night owl, and marshes of water: and I will sweep with the broom of desolation, says YHWH of hosts.

YHWH of hosts has sworn and said that which I have considered will be and that which i have resolved, the same will rise.

I will break the Cedar on the Earth and trample him on the mountains, then the yoke shall be taken off and the burden removed from the shoulders.

This is the counsel which is advised over all the Earth: and this is the power that is stretched out upon all nations.

YHWH of hosts has resolved,and who shall hinder it? and his hand is stretched out,who shall turn it back?

In the year that king Ahaz died was this uttered:

Do not be Joyous, all Palestine, because the tribe of he that struck you is broken, for out of a part of the root of the serpent will come forth a viper and his fruit is a Seraph, a winged Seraph.

The firstborn of the feeble will rule, and the destitute will lie down in safety: and I will kill the root with hunger and the remnant will be slain.

Howl in terror and announce, watcher that all of Palestine is melted away for there will come out of the hidden recesses a vapor and none of them will be divided from his troops.

What should one respond to the angels of the nation? YHWH has founded Tsiyown, and the sorrowful of His flock will flee to it.

Views: 88

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Explanatory Notes for "A New (or Old) Look at Isaiah Chapter 14"

4. KJV -That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!

You shall take up this proverb against the king of (1)confusion, and say, how has the (2)taskmaster been (3)removed! The (4)extortionist has been removed!

1. confusion: babel - confusion by mixing together.
2. taskmaster: nagas - oppressor, taskmaster, exactor (of taxes)
3. remove/d: shabath - to cease, desist, be exterminated, removed or cause to fail
4. extortionist: madhebah - exactness of gold, exactor

5. KJV - The LORD hath broken the staff of the wicked, [and] the sceptre of the rulers.

(1)YHWH has broken the (2)tribe of the wicked and the (3)rod of the rulers.

1. YHWH: YHWH - the Self Existing
2. tribe: matteh - tribe, branch, rod
3. rod: shebet - rod, staff, branch, club,clan, tribe

6. KJV - He who smote the people in wrath with a continual stroke, he that ruled the nations in anger, is persecuted, [and] none hindereth.

He who struck the people (1)excessively, (2)not withdrawing the (3)blow, he that ruled the nations in anger is persecuted and no one hinders it.

1. excessively: ebrah - overflowing, excessive, outpouring (in anger)
2. not withdrawing: biltiy - a failure, not, except, without [and] carah - away, turning aside, withdrawal, apostacy
3. blow: makkah - a wound, a blow, striking, stipes, a plague

7. KJV - The whole earth is at rest, [and] is quiet: they break forth into singing.

The whole Earth is at rest and is quiet: they break forth in (1)praise.

1. praise: rinnah - rejoicing, proclamation, a ringing cry, praise, singing

8. KJV - Yea, the fir trees rejoice at thee, [and] the cedars of Lebanon, [saying], Since thou art laid down, no feller is come up against us.

The (1)cypresses rejoiced because of you, and the cedars of Lebanon. since you have (2)lain in sexual union, a feller (3)was raised. [amendment]: (4)over us.

1. cypresses: b'rowsh - cypress ,fir, juniper, pine
2. lain in sexual union: shakab - to lie down on or to sleep, lie in sexual union, relax, recline
3. was raised: alah: go up, arise, ascend
4. over: al - above, against, over

9. KJV - Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet [thee] at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, [even] all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.

The (1)pit is (2)disquieted to meet you at your coming: it (3)awakens the (4)rapha for you, all the (5)prepared ones of the Earth; it has raised up from their (6)concealment all the kings of the nations.

1. pit: sheol - grave, pit, hades
2. disquieted: ragaz - awe, fear, disquiet, provoked, shaken
3. awakens: uwr - stir, awake, open eyes, raise,
4. rapha: rapha - the shades of the dead, [deriving from] raphah - to heal, repair, cure, or a giant. {correlating to} raphah: weakened, feeble. {all definitions stemming from one root: that the rephaim were the ghosts of disincarnate nephil who reincarnated continually to maintain a postion of authority over a gentile nation.}
5. prepared ones: attuwd - a he-goat, or "cheif" as being the lead animal of the herd [from]: athad - to make fit or ready, prepare. {he-goat refering to the readiness of the animal to defend itself or herd}
6. concealment: kicceh - seat of honor, royal dignity [from]: kacah - to cover, hide, conceal

10. KJV - All they shall speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us?

They speak and say to you, "have you become weakened as we have, have you become like us?"

11. KJV - Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, [and] the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.

Your (1)arrogance has (2)descended to the pit, and the noise of your (3)foolishness: the worms are your (4)bed and the worms are your (5)covering.

1. arrogance: gaown - pride, majesty, swelling, arrogance
2. descended: yarad - to descend, to go down,
3. foolishness: nebel - psaltries, vessels, skin bottles, viols [from]: nabel - to be senseless, foolish, wither, fade
4. bed: yatsa - to strew under, make a bed
5. covering - mekacceh - something which covers, clothing

* 12. KJV - How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! [how] art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

How you have fallen from the heavens, (1)one who is boastful in his glory, son of the (2)wailing (3)gloom. How you are cut down to the (4)Earth, you who weakened the nations.

1. one who is boastful in his glory: heylel - brightness, morning star [from]: halal - to shine, be boastful, to make a boast, glory, behave insanely.
2. wailing: yalal - to howl or wail
3. gloom: shachar - early light, morning [or identical word]: shachar - duskiness, dimness, darkness, black
4. Earth: eretz - Earth (as a planet), land, a firm surface

13 KJV - For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

You have said in your heart, "I will ascend into the heavens, I will raise my (1)authority (2)higher than the stars of (3)El. I will also (4)abide upon the (5)appointed (6)mountain, in the (7)hidden (8)recesses.

1. authority: kicceh - seat of honor, royal dignity, authority, power
2. higher: ma'al - higher part, upper extremity
3. El: El - mighty one, god, angel
4. abide: yashab - dwell, remain, sit, abide
5. appointed - mowed - appointed place, appointed time
6. har - mountain
(note: Chermown or Hermon was the mountain on which the Watchers descended, Chermown meaning: appointed to a curse or destruction, appointed to devotion.)
7. hidden: tsaphown - north [from]: tsaphan - to hide, to store up treasure
8. recesses: yarekah - flank, extremity, recesses, side

14. KJV - I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

I will ascend above the high places of (1)thick darkness, I will be like the Most High."

1. thick darkness: ob - envelope in darkness and density as a cloud or thicket

15. KJV - Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

But you will descend to the pit, the recesses of the (1)prison.

1. prison: bowr - pit, cistern, dungeon, prison cell (as a dry well being used for a prison)

16. KJV - They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, [and] consider thee, [saying, Is] this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

They that see you will (1)look sharply on you, considering you. This is (2)he that made the Earth tremble and the kingdoms shake,

1. look sharply on: shagach - to peep, glance sharply at.
2. he: iysh - a male individual or man

17. KJV - [That] made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; [that] opened not the house of his prisoners?

Who made the world a (1)desert, and (2)pulled down the (3)watchers; who did not (4)let loose the prisoners of his house.

1. desert: midbar - uninhabited land, desert, wilderness
2. pulled down: harac - to tear down, pull down, beat down
3. watchers: iyr - guarded, watched, city [from]: iyr - a watcher, a guradian angel
4. let loose: pathach - to open, to let loose, to free

18. KJV - All the kings of the nations, [even] all of them, lie in glory, every one in his own house.

All the kings of the nations, all of them (1)lie down in luxury, each having his own house.

1. lie down: shakab - to lie down on or to sleep, lie in sexual union, relax, recline.

19. KJV - But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, [and as] the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.

But you are cast out of your (1)sepulcher like an abominable branch, as the garment of those who are (2)struck and thrust through with the sword that go down to the stones of the prison; as a carcass trampled.

1. sepulcher: qeber: grave, sepulcher, tomb

20. KJV - Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial, because thou hast destroyed thy land, [and] slain thy people: the seed of evildoers shall never be renowned.

you will not be with them in the (1)sepulcher because you have (2)ruined the Earth and slain the (3)flock. The (4)progeny of evil ones will (*6)not be (5)called upon (6)forever.

1. sepulcher: qebuwrah - grave, sepulcher, burial site
2. ruined: shachath - destroy, corrupt, riun, decay
3. flock - am - kinsman, people, flock, tribe
4. progeny - zera - seed, offspring, descendants, posterity
5. called upon: qara - to call, call out, call name of
6. not + forever - lo - no, not + owlam - long indefinite durration, time past the vanishing point, perpetual

21. KJV - Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.

Prepare slaughter for his (1)sons, for the (2)perversity of their father; that they (3)fail to rise and (4)take over the Earth, and do not fill the face of the world with (5)Watchers.

1. sons: ben - son
2. perversity: avown - perversity, depravity,guilt, punishment, iniquity
3. fail: bal - a failure, nothing, not, lest
4. take over: yarash - seize, dispossess, take possession of, overtake
5. watchers: iyr - guarded, watched, city [from]: iyr - a watcher, a guradian angel

22. KJV - For I will rise up against them, saith the LORD of hosts, and cut off from Babylon the name, and remnant, and son, and nephew, saith the LORD.

I will rise against them, says YHWH of hosts and (1)destroy (2)confusion, the (3)Shem, and the remnant, and the (4)progeny and the (5)offspring. says YHWH.

1.destroy: karath - to cut off, destroy, consume
2. confusion: babel - confusion by mixing together.
3. Shem: shem - name, reputation, fame, memorial, consicuous position, authority, renown
4. progeny - niyn - progeny, son
5. offspring: neked - progeny, posterity, offspring

23. KJV - I will also make it a possession for the bittern, and pools of water: and I will sweep it with the besom of destruction, saith the LORD of hosts.

I will make a possession of the (1)night owl, and (2)marshes of water: and I will sweep with the (3)broom of (4)desolation, says YHWH of hosts.

1. night owl: qippowd - porcupine, hedghog, bittern, unknown species of bird (note: this is a highly guessed at animal of unknown origin. guesses derive from the root: qaphad - to gather together, to roll up, contract. compare to "qippowz": arrow snake or owl. terms for night birds often correlate to descriptive names for Ishtar or other sirens, a connection alluded to in "marshes of water", sirens always being associated with bodies of water.)
2. marshes of water: agam - pool, muddy pond, swamp
3. broom: matate - a broom
4. desolation: shamad - to desolate, destroy, bring to nothing, consume

24. KJV - The LORD of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, [so] shall it stand:

YHWH of hosts has sworn and said that which I have considered will be and that which i have resolved, the same will rise. (note: a very difficult statement to put in English which needs amendment as well as i am able to: [amendment: YHWH of hosts has sworn and said: "if it does (1)not resemble (2)that which is true, shall it come to pass? that which i have (3)resolved, the (4)same will (5)rise."])

1. not resemble: lo - no, not + damah - to be like, resemble
2. that which is true: ken - properly set, upright, just, rightly, so, true, veritable, correct
3. resolved: ya'ats - advise, consult, purpose, resolve
4. same: huw - he, she, it, that, self, same
5. rise: quwm - to rise, arise, stand up, become powerful

25. KJV - That I will break the Assyrian in my land, and upon my mountains tread him under foot: then shall his yoke depart from off them, and his burden depart from off their shoulders.

I will break the (1)Cedar on the Earth and trample him on the mountains, then the yoke shall be taken off and the burden removed from the shoulders.

1. Cedar: ashshur: a son of Shem, an Assyrian [compare to identical word: ashur - contraction for te'ashshuwr - a species of cedar tree, a box tree.]

26. KJV - This [is] the purpose that is purposed upon the whole earth: and this [is] the hand that is stretched out upon all the nations.

This is the (1)counsel which is (2)advised over all the Earth: and this is the (3)power that is stretched out upon all nations.

1. counsel: etsah - council, advice, purpose
2. advised: ya'ats - - advise, consult, purpose, resolve
3. power: yad - hand, strength, power

27. KJV - For the LORD of hosts hath purposed, and who shall disannul [it]? and his hand [is] stretched out, and who shall turn it back?

YHWH of hosts has (1)resolved, and who shall (2)hinder it? and his hand is stretched out,who shall turn it back?

1. resolved: ya'ats - advise, consult, purpose, resolve
2. hinder: parar - break, frustrate, cause to cease

28. KJV - In the year that king Ahaz died was this burden.

In the year that king Ahaz died was this (1)uttered:

1. uttered: massa - burden, utterance, doom

29. KJV - Rejoice not thou, whole Palestina, because the rod of him that smote thee is broken: for out of the serpent's root shall come forth a cockatrice, and his fruit [shall be] a fiery flying serpent.

Do not be Joyous, all Palestine, because the (1)tribe of he that struck you is broken, for out of (2)a part of the root of the serpent will come forth a (3)viper and his fruit is a (4)Seraph, a (5)winged (6)Seraph.

1. tribe: shebet - rod, staff, branch, club,clan, tribe
2. a part: min - a part of, from, out of
3. viper: tsiphoniy - a poisonous serpent, a viper, an adder
4. Seraph: saraph - a fiery serpent, classification of heavenly being (angel)
5. winged: uwph - to fly or be covered in wings
6. Seraph: saraph - a fiery serpent, classification of heavenly being (angel)

30. KJV - And the firstborn of the poor shall feed, and the needy shall lie down in safety: and I will kill thy root with famine, and he shall slay thy remnant.

The firstborn of the (1)feeble will (2)rule, and the (3)destitute will lie down in safety: and I will kill the root with hunger and the remnant will be slain.

1. feeble: dal - low, weak, poor
2. rule: ra'ah - to tend, pasture, rule
3. destitute: ebyown - destitute, needy, poor

31. KJV - Howl, O gate; cry, O city; thou, whole Palestina, [art] dissolved: for there shall come from the north a smoke, and none [shall be] alone in his appointed times.

Howl (1)in terror and (2)announce, (3)watcher that all of Palestine is (4)melted away for there will come out of the (5)hidden recesses a vapor and none of them will be (6)divided from his (7)troops.

1. in terror: sha'ar - gate or entance [compare to: sa'ar - tempest, terror]
2. announce: za'aq - to cry out, to call, make proclamation, announce
3. watcher: iyr - guarded, watched, city [from]: iyr - a watcher, a guradian angel
4. melted away - muwq - to melt, cause to melt
5. hidden recesses - north [from]: tsaphan - to hide, to store up treasure
6. divided from: badad - to be separated, divided, isolated
7. troops: mowad - an assembly, a troop, an appointed place in an army

32. KJV - What shall [one] then answer the messengers of the nation? That the LORD hath founded Zion, and the poor of his people shall trust in it.

What should one respond to the (1)angels of the nation? YHWH has founded (2)Tsiyown, and the (3)sorrowful of His (4)flock will (5)flee to it.

1. angels: malak - angel, messenger
2. Tsiyown: Tsiyown - the mountain of YHWH
3. sorrowful: aniy - afflicted, humble,lowly,weak, wretched
4. flock: am - kinsman, people, flock, tribe
5. flee to: chacah - seek reguge, flee to for protection, trust in

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Cyprium.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service